Most people usually do not know what to do when having a panic attack, mostly because they aren’t even conscious that they’ve a problem. Even those who have been through panic attacks before do not want to admit this condition is one thing that needs treatment.
The truth is that there are a lot of immediate actions , which can be taken just after the first symptoms of a panic attack have shown up , or once they feel stressed and are conscious of many events from their lives have marked them negatively . Doing this may prevent the attacks from appearing again.
* When not knowing what to do when experiencing a panic attack, you can begin exercising physically if you start feeling baffled or have an irregular respiration, which are the first signs . No matter where you are at that point , doing some form of movement is important because sports eliminate endorphins from the body.
* To avoid attacks from happening and also to decrease their intensity , you should start maintaining a healthy diet and never eat shortly before bedtime . A balanced diet will chase away bad thoughts and will help you relax the mind and settle down the body . One should avoid sweets, carbs and any beverages that contain caffeine.
* Drinking and smoking are determinant elements that can aggravate the situation . If you feel a panic attack coming on , don’t start to smoke a cigarette or use alcohol since it will only worsen the symptoms.
* Knowing how to proceed when having a panic attack can help you control them better . To do this , pay attention to the things that bring them on , so that you can learn their early signs. Psychologists say that this won’t completely rid you of all these unpleasant attacks , but if you’re conscious of what if happening it is possible to manage the problem better.
* If you have been recommended medicines for anxiety control, then it’s clear what to do when having a panic attack. Take another dose at the first symptoms of the attack, but do not review the suggested dosage unless the products are 100% natural and risk-free .
* The simplest things can teach unaware people how to proceed when experiencing panic attacks. For instance , relaxations techniques, visualization as well as breathing techniques are benefit at the very time of a panic attack. One should try to lie down, breathe in, and then breathe out slowly . Try to imagine the most tensioned part of the body . Along with the breathing method, you will feel exactly how that part will relax. Another technique that is used by psychiatrists as well is that relating to identifying the patient to visualize the phobia or a certain fear, and then annihilate it.
* Drinking a relaxing tea right now in which the attack begins can help nerves relax and diminish, otherwise completely get rid of the symptoms that may just appear .